This sample of packshots involved working directly with Dyson to show various technical aspects of their products. I took original CAD data, optimized, animated, shaded and lit it. I used projected transparency to create cross sections (plus some trickery in the comp to prevent the components being thin-walled). For the bristles on the brush I used XGen with animated deformers on the longer hairs for a highly controllable alternative to dynamics. I used Nuke for the grade and additional optical effects.

The materials went through many iterations to make sure the look and feel was just right, with final sign off from Sir James Dyson.

Back to Work